- The fast rise of Indoor location with Ultra-wideband (UWB) and Bluetooth beacons.
- The nascent Low-Power Wide-Area networks with LoRa, Sigfox, LTE-M, NB-IoT technologies.
- High-precision GNSS with the upcoming Galileo constellation.
- The increasing number of market vertical using proximity services with beacons.
- The opportunities offered by big geo data and crowdsourced sensor data.
The summer will have an amazing beginning with Geo IoT World - the conference that explores a power of location and analytics in IoT. It will take place in Brussels for the second year on June 6-8. “Where Geolocation Powers IoT Innovation” was selected as a theme for this year and it is dedicated to the new location-aware technologies boosting IoT opportunities: