- it is regularly ranked in top-10 of the most important mobile trends,
- actively promoted by leading players of technology market (roll out of Google Indoor Maps, iBeacons are installed in all US Apple Stores),
- the volume of indoor location services is forecasted to reach USD 2,5 bln till 2017-18.
- MarketsandMarkets estimates that the global Indoor Location Market is estimated to be $597 million in 2014 and is expected to grow to $3961.8 million by 2019. This represents an estimated Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 46.0% from 2014 to 2019.
Analysis of current barriers for roll out of such systems and positions of involved players leads to the following conclusions:
- Navigation technologies are permanently evolving and already make it possible to develop services with accuracy sufficient for solution of most business tasks and economics which is affordable for large clients.
- Large potential clients are pretty familiar with the topic, however are waiting for ready mass solution which is proven in similar conditions.
- Installation solutions are frequently postponed because economic buyer is not always the key benefit taker from the usage of indoor navigation services.